Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) from Shingles?

Hi and welcome to my blog, which is about how I ended up being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). It explaining how I believe I ended up with this condition, how it has affected me and how I am trying to deal with it at the moment.

My initial blog posts give you the history of how I believe I ended up being finally diagnosed with CFS. If you read the numbered posts that you see in the Blog Archive list to the right starting from number 1 "What is this all about?" then you will read my story below in the correct sequence.

I hope you find this blog interesting and will give some feedback if you believe you have CFS from the same cause as mine and perhaps indicate if and what treatment or strategies etc are helping you to recover or deal with your CFS.


Click here for more information on CFS from Amazon UK

Click here for more information on CFS from Amazon USA


14. More progress, I did some work!

In November 2006 I started taking the three drugs Gabapentin, Tramadol and Nortriptyline for Post Herpetic Neuralgia. Over the following weeks I modified the dosage of each drug I was taking to find the minimum amount I could take for the maximum benefit. This was not an easy process as things changed slowly (no overnight cure) but I believed I was making progress. I used my charts that I mentioned before to help me decide if the changes in the drug dosages were helping or not.

As you may recall I mentioned that due to my ill health I had been unable to work, so I decided to do some research to see if I could earn some money via the internet. As a result of this research in mid December 2006 I started to do some part-time work, helping someone I had been introduced to who was trying to develop a website for one of their clients. This was ideal for me as it was to be part-time work I could do mostly from home using the internet.

In the end the project became more complex and had a number of technical problems which meant I worked on it more and for longer than I had anticipated, but I did it!

This piece of work proved very useful as it showed me that I could do some useful work, but it also showed me that I was still not well enough to consider going back to fulltime work. I also noticed that any stress also made my symptoms worsen slightly.

So although I knew I could do some useful work, I also knew it was going to be difficult to find suitable part-time stress free work.

This is why I returned to my idea of trying to see if I could make money from the internet.

Go to Part15. Not a cure but things are getting better.

1 comment:

makman said...

Very interesting reading your history. I have almost had the opposite happen. CFS, followed by tinnitus, followed by Atypical Facial Pain, for which I was prescribed Gabopentin, followed five weeks ago by shingles. Now I'm not sure if it's triggered another episode of CFS, but I feel drained.

Good luck in your search and thanks for sharing.