In November 2006 I started taking the three drugs Gabapentin, Tramadol and Nortriptyline for Post Herpetic Neuralgia. Over the following weeks I modified the dosage of each drug I was taking to find the minimum amount I could take for the maximum benefit. This was not an easy process as things changed slowly (no overnight cure) but I believed I was making progress. I used my charts that I mentioned before to help me decide if the changes in the drug dosages were helping or not.
As you may recall I mentioned that due to my ill health I had been unable to work, so I decided to do some research to see if I could earn some money via the internet. As a result of this research in mid December 2006 I started to do some part-time work, helping someone I had been introduced to who was trying to develop a website for one of their clients. This was ideal for me as it was to be part-time work I could do mostly from home using the internet.
In the end the project became more complex and had a number of technical problems which meant I worked on it more and for longer than I had anticipated, but I did it!
This piece of work proved very useful as it showed me that I could do some useful work, but it also showed me that I was still not well enough to consider going back to fulltime work. I also noticed that any stress also made my symptoms worsen slightly.
So although I knew I could do some useful work, I also knew it was going to be difficult to find suitable part-time stress free work.
This is why I returned to my idea of trying to see if I could make money from the internet.