Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) from Shingles?

Hi and welcome to my blog, which is about how I ended up being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). It explaining how I believe I ended up with this condition, how it has affected me and how I am trying to deal with it at the moment.

My initial blog posts give you the history of how I believe I ended up being finally diagnosed with CFS. If you read the numbered posts that you see in the Blog Archive list to the right starting from number 1 "What is this all about?" then you will read my story below in the correct sequence.

I hope you find this blog interesting and will give some feedback if you believe you have CFS from the same cause as mine and perhaps indicate if and what treatment or strategies etc are helping you to recover or deal with your CFS.


Click here for more information on CFS from Amazon UK

Click here for more information on CFS from Amazon USA


16. What next?

I will continue with the current treatment I mentioned earlier, but I will also continue to research other ways in which I might reduce my Post Herpetic Neuralgia symptoms or somehow repair or sooth my upset or damaged Trigeminal nerve. I will also keep on researching Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) so that I can try and keep up to date with any new discoveries etc on this topic.

I am also interested in finding out more about the Hypothalamus and the surrounding area of the brain. I believe it may well become apparent that it is some impact or change on the Hypothalamus area of the brain that causes changes in the equilibrium of our systems and hence CFS. As I indicated earlier it is the Hypothalamus that controls body temperature, hunger, thirst and circadian cycles i.e. the sleeping and waking cycle. As these are things that change when you have CFS (i.e. I slept and sweated a lot etc) it seems reasonable that this could be a potential area for the problem.

I have read of a treatment, which appears to suggest that via just counselling it is possible to retrain or reset the Hypothalamus to its correct settings. But as there have been no clinical double blind trials of such a treatment I am reluctant to part with money to give it a try. There are many ads out there stating that they have the treatment or drug for the CFS condition, that it would be easy to waste a lot of money for no benefit.

So I would be interested to hear from anyone who has gone through or thinks they are going through the same story as mine i.e. CFS from Shingles. I would be particularly interested in hearing about any treatments that have been successful.

I will try and add more posts to this blog over time to keep you updated on progress, but there may well be long periods between posts as this could still be a long slow journey.

Hope you found/find this blog interesting and useful and if you are a CFS sufferer don’t give up keep believing things are going to get better.

No comments: